With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it’s time to prepare for making this year’s festive holiday meal the best ever. To help you plan for this special day with family and friends, we’ve put together our list of 12 top Thanksgiving recipes which we hope you’ll enjoy.
- Extra-Savory Turkey – The secret to a savory and mouth-watering turkey is to cook it in an old-fashioned oval roaster which will both braise and roast the turkey at the same time so it stays moist. Uncover the turkey the last 15 minutes to crisp the skin.
- Italian Sausage and Bread Stuffing – This rustic and flavorful stuffing adds a rich and spicy touch.
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Maple Hickory Nuts – Hickory nuts (or walnuts, pecans, or almonds) add a crunchy appeal to this flavorful side dish.
- Spinach Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts – This healthy seasonal salad also includes Bosc pears, cranberries, and red onions.
- Caramel Pumpkin Pie – This holiday favorite adds a distinctive nutty flavor to the filling thanks to caramelized sugar.
- Yukon Gold and Fennel Mashed Potatoes – Roasting the fennel softens its tangy taste and brings out its natural sweetness for a delightfully different flavor.
- Cabernet-Cranberry Sauce with Figs – Make this ahead of time to let the flavors develop.
- Green Beans with Lemon and Pine Nuts – Just the right amount of lemon juice and lemon zest gives this traditional side dish a unique, but not overpowering, appeal.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Sour Cream Topping – Unbelievably rich and creamy, this alluring dish just may become your favorite new holiday dessert tradition.
- Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds – Fried sage and garlic-infused olive oil add a savory character, balancing the potatoes’ naturally sweet flavor.
- Deconstructed Holiday Turkey – Instead of cooking a whole bird, this recipe from Food Network star Ted Allen uses frozen turkey breasts, thighs and drumsticks in savory brine that makes them extra-moist.
- Mushroom and Leek Soup – This earthy soup enhanced with thyme cream can be made several days ahead of time and reheated before serving.
While you’re cooking up a fantastic holiday feast, we here at Park Ford of Wesley Chapel are serving up some delicious deals of our own on our wide selection of new and Ford Certified pre-owned cars. Now is a great time to take advantage of our 2014 model year-end closeouts, as well as incentives on new 2015 Fords. Like the stunningly redesigned 2015 Ford Mustang, the affordable 2015 Ford Fiesta, fun-to-drive 2015 Ford Focus, well-equipped 2015 Ford Fusion, luxurious 2015 Ford Taurus, gas-sipping 2015 ford C-Max Hybrid, versatile 2015 Ford Explorer, or the award-winning, “Built Ford Tough” 2015 Ford F-150.
Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel is proud to be a Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce 2014 Large Business of the Year award winner! Stop by and see us at 28739 State Highway 54, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543, just east of I-75. Or call us today at 800-634-5415 to schedule a test drive. And get a $25 rebate when you use your Ford Service credit card on a qualifying purchase.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Park Ford of Wesley Chapel: “Where friends send friends!”